Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Goodbye

Ok, so it may not have been the happiest goodbye, but it's for a good reason, so I guess we better be happy about it. :)

Jeff's parents came over the weekend to visit {ok, maybe to play with Boston} and it sure was nice. They hadn't been to Washington since they helped us move so this time everything was in place! 

We were excited for their visit but dreading the goodbye. Nonetheless, we had such a great time. Boston wanted all their attention, too!!!! He wanted them to sit by him, lay a certain way, not wear their coats etc. It was quite funny actually. Nola was wearing her vest that went with her outfit and Boston must have thought it was a coat so he wanted her to take if off. Oh man.

They brought Boston the CUTEST Byu outfit, as well as Nola's famous newborn blanket for the baby. I was thrilled! She also brought a picture of themselves so Boston wouldn't forget them, I'm sure that won't happen with all the face-timing we'll be doing. :) Lyle made Boston a car ramp because he LOVES playing with Grandpa's at their house. Nola also taught me how to set up my new sewing machine. Thank goodness for that because it would've been in the box for a looong time! We made some pillows, and I just finished making some burp clothes!! LOVE them. 

We also showed them around Jeff's school/work. I know they appreciated seeing that since they won't be there for Jeff's graduation! Then we drove them to the airport...and that was soo sad. They will be great missionaries in Samoa. Did I mention they'll be gone for 23 months????? Such a long time. 








I made this green one ALL by myself. I look so tired because I was...and it was 11 o'clock. I even put zippers in them...totally know what I'm doing {ok, so not really!}.


I am in love with this fabric for the burp clothes. Too bad it's not really my color scheme I'm thinking for her room, but I can't live without this...:)

I also forgot to mention that we put Lyle to work with putting up our mirror...Lyle can't go a a day without a project!!

Anyway, we sure love Lyle and Nola and going to miss them sooo much. It's crazy to think that Boston will be 4 years old and new babe will be 2 the next time we see them. That's the saddest part! Samoa is lucky to have those two...

1 comment:

  1. this post made me cry.... That would be sooo hard, what a good example!!!! I can't wait to see the reunion:) That is my parents dream to serve a mission there!!!! They are sooooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete