Sunday, November 27, 2011

5K, Birthday BOY, & Thanksgiving

Can you tell this is SUCH a busy time of year??? We did all the above just in the past week! I have to admit though, I'd ever change it...it's so much fun. Last Saturday I ran the Jingle Bell 5k and loved it! Jeff didn't run, but Lindsay did! :) I ran the whole thing and came in at 30 minutes. Not bad for a 20 week pregnant gal? It was soo cold {look at the SNOW!} and my throat was throbbing by the end! OH and when we got home Jeff put up the Christmas lights...he did a fab job. 





THEN Sunday was Boston's 2nd BIRTHDAY! I can hardly believe it. We had his party Sunday afternoon with family and close friends. It was the usual--goodies, cake, candles, presents, pictures etc...I'm sure you get it! 


After he opened these trucks, he kind of checked out of the opening presents thing...




His gf...he had his arm around her and everything.

See???



His new bike grandma got him...he still can't really ride it, but maybe in the Spring!

And this was just kind of funny...I found him laying this way playing with my iphone. He's so smart with that thing it's incredible.


And then of course, Thanksgiving!!! We spent it with my family this year and it was loud and crazy as usual. Always a blast though. We attempted to get some family pictures for Christmas cards before we ate and we did an okay job...I realized I didn't get that many but you guys get the picture of Thanksgiving!




Then one last 'hurrah' we went to Dockside with 27 people last night for dinner. It was really good! I always get bummed out when Holidays are over...especially when family goes home. But luckily we have Christmas just around the corner!!


For your enjoyment, here we are singing Boston 'Happy Birthday'....it's super cute and he loves it. Happy week!!!




4 comments:

  1. There are so many things I love about this post! First of all, what a cool cake! Your cake pops look yummy too :) and running a 5k while 20 weeks pregnant? are you kidding me? and the snow looks FREEZING! Jeff is a sport for hanging up lights in that weather! Oh and Tegan can totally navigate through my iphone too! It is crazy how fast they learn that. This next generation.....I tell ya.
    Oh and Boston and his gf...SO cute. Except Camryn just got a lil jealous :)
    oh and your family pictures are darling as always! ok I'm done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap... I love that you ran a 5k. It makes me feel like I can do more. I'm getting kinda pansy and worry about what is too much. But sounds like it's ok to be pretty much awesome and run a 5k. haha Love all your pictures. And I love your super creativity with all of Boston's birthday decor. You are super mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest post!! I loved all the pictures!!! Looks like you guys have been doing good, and staying busy! We sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Boston. His party looked so cute Maria, and you look so tan in all the pictures:) I love that pink shirt you are wearing in the last picture, very cute. I am so sad to see pictures of you guys, I wish so much that we lived by each other, one day!

    ReplyDelete