Saturday, March 17, 2012

Such a Weird Week

It's been an odd one, that's for sure!! To start off, Boston got so sick Monday night at 3:30 am throwing up. He threw up every half hour until 7 am. It was seriously the saddest thing. At 7:40 am I couldn't do it anymore-- I was so tired!!! Jeff happily switched me, thank goodness. Here's what's funny, Boston didn't throw up at all anymore once Jeff started watching him!!! Guess he had the magic touch. AND he was fine the rest of the day?? I thought maybe a bug??? But it gets better.

We then had some fabulous news Tuesday morning when I woke up from being awake all night. But I'll report on that later, sorry...the suspense is probably killing you.

The following night Boston was totally fine, made me feel better thinking it was just a bug!! The day was completely normal...

I had a doctor apt Thursday morning at 8 am. Things still look great-- blood pressure is back to normal and no protein in urine-- phew. Looks like I'll make it to 39 week induction!! (well I can only hope) I come home and everyone is still sleeping, which wasn't normal since it was almost 9am. Anyway-- I asked Jeff to wake Boston up at 9:30 because I was worried he wouldn't nap later. Jeff goes in there and there is throw up everywhere. I was so so sad. He didn't even call for us in the middle of the night, nor did I hear him puking. He just wanted Jeff to hold him. Poor guy had a dry diaper because he threw up so much. I was so sick to my stomach! It was back to a day full of laundry. I decided I should call the doctor and see what the heck was going on! They wanted to see him, but in the meantime I pumped him with pedialyte and switched to soy milk. I'm not worried he's allergic to milk it's just I read that if he had stomach virus, milk makes it worse.

So yesterday I took him to the doctor and his blood pressure was high along with his heart rate. The doctor said his lips looked dry also, just meaning he was dehydrated. He had a full liter of pedialyte so I wondered how he could be!! Anyway, he said normally he would tell moms that it's a stomach bug and send them home but he had a gut feeling to draw some blood. They had to draw from his arm so I was a little worried BUT my sweet little dude didn't even whimper you guys. The first initial poke he said 'ow' but that was it. He just thought his bandage was the coolest thing, oh and he was given treats too. He even told me at nap time that the 'doctor was fun.' Ummm, sure we'll see how he feels when we go again to the doctor! Later on I got a call from the doctor and thank goodness his blood was fine but did confirm a virus. He hasn't thrown up for two nights in a row and that's without milk, so I do think the milk made it worse. He's been such a cuddly guy and he can have all the pedialyte his little body wants.

To top everything off Jeff flew to Chicago this morning for 6 days!!!! Yes 6...I can probably do a couple but 6 is sooo long. He went for a healthcare conference with some friends and has known he was going since he started the program, but it's just really bad timing. I mean, this baby could come!!! He comes home 1 week before I have her, that's cutting it close. I even made him feel bad so he got me a massage for later today :) There is just so much to get done this week and with Boston being sick...that equals one tired mama. We'll stay busy tho I'm sure.



37 weeks!!


My sick Boston--this was after the second day of throwing up.


This picture has nothing to do with this post, but he loves puzzles and is so so good at them.


I kept telling Boston to get in dad's suitcase so he can go with him to Chicago. Ha ha he ran to the room and got in really fast. 



Happy St. Patty's day!


See his bandage??? AND see the smile?? 


This was him napping after day 2 of throwing up...it was another laundry day.


Very proud of his bandage on his arm.

These are ALL out of order but my computer was being goofy so I blogged from my phone....and now I can't rearrange them. Sorry if you're confused but I hope you get the idea. :)
Anyway--there you have it...super weird (but exciting) week!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a crazy week!!! Poor B! That is so sad! It's the worst when your spouse is gone, I hope that you don't get too exhausted!

    ReplyDelete