Wednesday, March 21, 2012

BEST News EVER!!

I have been waiting so patiently to let this all out but I couldn't until it's official, and guys...it's official.

Jeff was offered a FAB job in Seattle! It has been 2 months in the making and he was offered last Tuesday. Today, he accepted. It's the best feeling in the entire WORLD! Oh I can't wait. So here's how it went down...

Mid January he contacted the recruiting officer in Chicago for a Healthcare consulting job in Seattle. He sent his resume, she forwarded it on to the Healthcare head guy. He was interested. He had a phone interview a week ish later...and then flown out to Seattle the following week. Interview went great and he was really impressed with the company. We then thought we were waiting for a final answer but instead, he had one more guy to meet. So....we waited. The director had a contact in Spokane that he was going to meet with beginning of March, but that was pushed back so he did a phone interview with Jeff instead. Again, things went great. All the people Jeff interviewed/talked with seemed like great people. I'm excited for him. 

Then, the following week he was offered the job!! Oh how I remember that morning...so fun. So I may have left out some details but those are the main points. I couldn't WAIT to blog about it but I was just so excited...but Jeff said I had to wait until it's official. SO since he's in Chicago for a conference AND the recruiter/head office is in Chicago, it was appropriate for him to accept it face-to-face. They took him out to lunch and just chatted. I'm just so excited!!!

So he starts mid-July ish. Which at first we were a little like 'dang!' but it actually works out for the better...with a new baby and all. She'll come next week (Ya, next week), and Jeff finishes school/graduates early-mid May. SO that means I'll have help packing May/June with a new baby and Boston. I'm actually grateful for the timing of the new job. We'll take a couple trips to Seattle to figure out where we'll set up camp. Any recommendations are appreciated...:)

We really feel so blessed with this job, and I couldn't more happy/excited for Jeff. He has worked so hard the past couple years in grad school that he totally deserves such a great job. I'm excited for a new city, too! Ya the weather might put a damper on things, but I'm willing to look past that and focus on the MANY things we can do over there!!

So there you have it! We're moving to Seattle!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to all of you. Getting through degrees and advanced degrees is a family event.
    Way to go on finishing up and landing a job so timely. Seattle has a greater percentage of college graduates than most cities, so you will be in great company.
    Hope the baby delivery goes well. What an exciting year for your family.
    Aunt Ellen

    ReplyDelete