Sunday, February 26, 2012

Getting Showered

Here's the deal mother nature...yesterday you hated me! You had Nov-Jan to snow...and yes you've snowed a couple days between then, but the DAY of my baby shower in late Feb, you decide to blizzard and snow lots?? FOR REALS? OH and one more thing...we lost power for the first time in YEARS. From about 10-3:30pm and the shower started at 4pm. Yes, about 20-30 minutes before the shower started the power kicked back on. That happened when I was showering in the dark...with a candle.

Oh yes, there were tears.

Needless to say, the day started off not looking too bright. BUT it turned out seriously great. Everyone made it with the blizzard and all. I felt very lucky to have the friends and family I do. There was only (I believe) one person that couldn't make it because of the weather. Not bad at all! I was thinking NO ONE would come. It was that bad...

My mom and sis threw me such a fun shower. Well, as fun as baby showers can be, right?? :) There were games, food, (lots of food) friends, and presents. I felt so spoiled. Everyone was very generous and I'm so grateful for all of them. 

This is all the snow/blizzard in a matter of hours. We woke up to NO snow...and it dumped on us for a few hours!



My mom and I...we had Italian Sodas too, which were yummy!





You have to play the diaper candy bar game at baby showers right?? It's where you melt different chocolates in diapers and you have to smell and get your nose right in there and guess the chocolate! Oh that was funny...the melted chocolate looked so real!!



I was so hot while opening presents...I loved every minute of it tho!


We took this picture at the end so 3 people had already left! We missed you Meg, Kellie, and Mads! 


Then we had to switch out the 'moms'...meaning my mom was in the first picture without my step-mom, then vice versa. 

Despite the snow and no power thing, the day couldn't have turned out better. Loved ones came and we enjoyed spending time together anticipating the arrival of baby girl. She sure is loved! She received lots of clothes, headbands, shoes, diapers, binkies, bottles, bath toys, etc. I seriously can't believe I have 4 ish weeks left...it's just crazy to think that I'll have 2 little ones in this house! I just hope Boston adjusts ok, that's my biggest fear.

AND what would be a post without the little guy anyway??? Him and Jeff were playing this morning before Church and I had the camera nearby. Boston shoots Jeff, then stands on his back and jumps....you'd think Jeff would know not to lay on his stomach!



I'll be updating on the pregnancy this week!!! Thanks again to everyone who came and showered our sweet girl!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your shower turned out! It makes me mad that you had to stress so much, that's not good for a pregnant mama! I am jealous you made your yummy soda's, makes me want one again! I am getting excited for your guys, can't wait to see my new niece:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute bangs!!! and those sodas look yummy! your mom is such a cutie. :) tell her hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun shower! Aren't little girl things the best?! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete