Sunday, August 19, 2012

the last trip I'll ever take

Ok, that probably isn't true but I certainly feel that way!!! Let's look back on this summer and how many times I was gone. We moved end of May, I came back to Spokane 3 weeks later, then 3 weeks after that. Then 4 days after we returned home from Spokane we went to Utah for 11 days. Then 4 days after we came home I went back to Spokane for our family trip - Jeff went to Chicago. The day after we got to Spokane we drove 2 hours north to Colville to camp for the week. THEN I came home after 11 days to no husband (he was in Dallas for work). SO to put it simply, I'm never traveling again!!!

The kids were actually great, it's just they aren't really vacations for me because I'm just taking care of my sweet children just in a different place!! I loved every trip and time I spent with my family, they are just hard on this momma. 

Anyway, back to this post - BEAV!!

I love Beaver Lodge. It's such a pretty place and it's fun that I am now taking my children there. Family, sun, swimming, FOOD....ya nothing can beat it. 






Cute cute Juliette






















He was fearless by the end of the week



Uncle 'Hayo'








Beav was so fun this year! It was different because I had a little baby again, but next year Reese will love it. I love sitting by the campfire at nights and just talking to my family. Boston was knocked out every night because of how hard he played. 

While we were gone at Beav, Jeff was off training in Chicago! He's now in full swing with his job. He seems to really like it. He's already been on a project to Dallas. It's so fun for us that we are now 'real people' and have a real job. We always talked about the time when we would have a real job. 

In other news, my sweet girl had her 4 months check up. Oh man is she chubby!! Although we aren't allowed to call her chubby because it's a 'naughty' word in our house. Boston is sure quick to correct us. He says 'MOM! that's a naughty word' It's pretty cute. I'm glad I have a little boy looking out for me. Anyway, Reese is big. She's 17.5 lbs and 26.5 inches long. Both 90th percentile. I'm glad she's chubby and healthy. She's teething too, but no teeth yet. I'm waiting on one to pop through any day. She's rolling a lot.... and she's grabbing at everything now, which is also fun. She sure loves Boston. Every time he's around and talking, she tries to find him and once she does her eyes are locked on him. I love them.

One last thing! Boston is almost potty trained! He has been doing so great. We tried a couple months ago and it was bust, but lately he's been telling up he has to go potty when we take his diaper off. So I decided that when I get home from all the trips, it was time. Only a few accidents, and has been staying dry during nap time/nighttime. We are so proud of him! We've been doing 'potty charts,' aiming at the cheerios, and skittles jar which all seem to help. I'll leave you with this photo...


2 comments:

  1. I bet it's soooo nice to be home!!! Looks like such a fun trip though, glad you had fun. Way to go Boston, aunt jordan owes him a toy for being such a good potty trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo fun! I love love love that B & W pic of Reese. So cute. And I feel ya with vacations....its not a vacation at all! haha props to you though. so glad Jeff's job is going well too! We are so happy for you guys. :) we miss you though!!

    ReplyDelete