Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Back to Spokane we went

I have been back to Spokane twice in the last 6 weeks, and we aren't done yet for the summer. I swear, after all these trips back and forth I'm not going back until Thanksgiving!!!!! It's okay, both were for great reasons - a baptism and then best friends wedding reception. Brit's wedding has been a long time coming!! I went dress shopping with her last year....


...and then her wedding was this year!!!



It's always so fun to go on trips, but with two kids by yourself it's more work than a vacation. Jeff had to stay here because he had a work party thing. Little tidbit on that, he loves the people he works with. It was fun for him to meet everyone and get to know more about he company. I was really excited to hear that he likes all the people and such.

Anyway! Back to the wedding. Brit has been in my life for about 12 years. She's great. We met in 7th grade and have always had a great relationship. She was there when I had my sweet baby Reese. I'm sure that was a great experience for her to watch. I was also one of her bridesmaids but I couldn't go to her wedding in Mexico, so I was by her side at the reception. Oh the reception was so fun, lots of dancing. When we were dancing I remember telling her I couldn't believe we were dancing at her wedding!!!! She married a great guy, too. I'm not saying I can take ALL the credit for those two getting married, but I'm going to take most of it. :) :) My high school boyfriend and I were the reason they met. She would come with me to Stake dances and Chris was friends with my HS boyfriend. However, even if we didn't introduce them they would've met somehow I'm sure. They are perfect for each other. 


Dancing...I'm the one with the white hair :)



Funny story about this firetruck - Brit was getting her hair done then all of the sudden a LOUD alarm starting going off. It was the carbon monoxide alarm. Brit's mom was a little worried because when it goes off it's because of low battery but this time it was reading 'gas.' So she called the power company and they suggested to call the fire department. Soooo the fire guys came out. It was funny, and we still don't know what was the reason it went off but it something to remember!  


Getting her strapped into her dress.




 It was such a perfect wedding. They are off in Europe honeymooning for A MONTH! I'm jealous. It's such a fun and exciting time for them and I couldn't be happier for their future.

SO the other part of the trip was with family. It was constantly busy. Boston napped once in a bed, the other times were on the go. Boston even went to his first movie with grandpa Mitch and grandma Marci. My dad took all three grandkids (sisters kids were also there) swimming all day and then to a movie (Ice Age). He crashed when he got home. Look how cute he looked in a theater. 




Just because...the picture below was taken last year. Look how young all the kids are!!


And the rest of the pictures are during the trip. We played at the park, the kids crashed in the car, grandma Jane doesn't have ac so I put a wet hat on Reese to cool her down, and we went and saw our old house! Ah I kinda want to move back. My step-dad, Pete, has done a fabulous job. It looks soo great.  






The trips don't stop here!! We are leaving Saturday for Utah for a week to visit friends and family. THEN once we get back, me and the kids go back to Spokane for my family reunion! So busy, but I need to think of one trip at a time so I don't go nuts!! 

1 comment:

  1. What a busy summer! Cute cute pics of you and Britt at the reception. I can't wait to go to Spokane this summer! AZ is way too hot. I'll be there for the last half of August. Sounds like I'm gonna miss you this time. :( Would have been fun to see Reese!

    ReplyDelete