Monday, July 9, 2012

I need a break...

from studying for a final, so what do I do? Blog. I have some cute pictures of the 4th so I need to catch up. But, about my schooling...I'm in the Bachelor's of General Studies program at the Y and am on my way to graduating.. I have 5 classes left before I'm done...but with 2 kids, it'll prob take me 2 years to finish, and I'm okay with that. Sometimes I get discouraged because HOW am I suppose to go to school (and do well) with two kids AND Jeff working????? I sit and stew over it and it ends with my crying. Jeff is always so good at saying the right thing. He says to not think of everything all at once, but rather just focus on one class at a time...and he's right. It's exciting, too. I'm happy I decided to finish my degree. My plan is to graduate April 2014.

Anyway, back to those cute pictures I was talking about. We had the most relaxing, non-chaotic, non-greasy foods, non-fireworks, non-horrible parking 4th of July. It could be because we didn't know of any 'cool' spots yet, or because we have two small kids and didn't want to keep them up late. Nonetheless, we didn't do much, and we were completely okay with it. Jeff had to work a few hours that morning, so the kids and I went to the pool. 







Ok so it wasn't 100 degrees like everywhere else, but it was low 70's and hey, that's great for Seattle...SO we play in the hot tub. 



Isn't our club house/pool pretty?? 






This is how Reese spends her days while I'm lounging and Boston's running around in the pool. She loves it. 




The wind started to pick up so I decided we should go home and put the kids down. When Jeff got off work the sun was shining and it was beautiful! So we went back to the pool!!! We decided to also have our bbq at the clubhouse.

These pictures are hilarious. I snapped them at the perfect time. Jeff started to stress me out a little bit the more and more he would scoot back...Boston loved it tho. 




How perfect is his form? Flawless.


Since the 4th, we got Boston arm floaties and a water noodle and he can totally swim on his own with those only. I don't leave his side but he can swim up and down the pool. It's so cute. 




When we got home we got out pop-its for Boston. He thought those were the coolest things ever made. He was not happy when there weren't endless amounts of them. I'm not a cool mom and didn't buy sparklers...I made an attempt at Fred Meyer but they didn't have them, so I didn't want to go searching...oh well, next year. 




And...like I said we didn't go see fireworks so I don't have pictures of that...but we watched a total of 5 minutes of the NY firework show, so that counts right?? 

2 comments:

  1. Reese in her sunglasses just kills me! So funny. And her dress is so adorable. Sweet pool! Glad you guys are enjoying your new place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love those flower glasses! And seriously fireworks can be SO overrated ESP with two little kids! We kept our kids up late and walked SO far from our parked car to the park. It was fun, but exhausting!

    ReplyDelete